Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Wish I'd Said That

I've been thinking about a more macro political post the last few days to rev up the old political science major chops by analyzing the position that the Republican Party finds itself in the wake of this election season. What are the reasons for their position in the eyes of the public? What does the party stand for at this pivotal point? Who is providing the intellectual heft? What choices exist for a path forward? What is their standing with the public? How will the party deal with its expats, the Buckleys, the Frums, the Powells, the Sullivans or is cutting them loose the best way to solidify a consistent GOP message?

Turns out I was wasting my time. Fiddling around online, I clicked on a Salon article by Gary Kamiya that lays out the Republican dilemma in a succinct, intelligent, persuasive way my exact thoughts (though my were in no way as clearly thought out and organized). So read it and know that I wholeheartedly concur.

http://www.salon.com/opinion/kamiya/2008/10/28/gop_shipwreck/index.html

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home