Friday, October 17, 2008

Tired, or I Am a Hard Working Middle Class American

Man, I'm tired.

What a summer and fall I've had at work. Largest freshman class in about 15 years. The University's decision to leave the FFEL federal loan program and put all our marbles into the Direct loan program in a three month window. New federal loans sprung at the last minute. The collapse of the private alternative educational loan market just as the fall semester began. A doubling of the campus scholarship endowment. Creating a new database for our summer freshman orientation programs. An overhaul in our campus student worker program. And the start of the new recruitment year and high school financial aid nights. Lastly, we managed to get all but two students registered before our snapshot date.

I don't know if anyone outside of my work environment, or even most within that environment, understand the difficulty and complexity and stressfulness under which I've been working since March. It has been very professionally fulfilling and confidence boosting that I've managed it as well as I have and I'm proud of myself.

And the fact that I've managed it at the same time that I've also had a pretty damn busy and interesting personal life is quite satisfying, I must say.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home