Tuesday, October 14, 2008

I Simply Can't Help It

I keep posting and posting because I just can't stop. Every day, almost every hour, I see and hear things I never thought I'd live to see or hear. I keep thinking I'm living in a dream and I'll soon wake up and it will be January 1, 2007 again. Because I just.can't.believe.the.stuff.I'm.seeing.

Today's Exhibit A?

http://www.thedailybeast.com/blogs-and-stories/2008-10-14/sorry-dad-i-was-fired

I'm flabbergasted.

While we all take a moment to let that one sink in, can I just say that, much as I have a deep distrust and dislike of the woman, Tina Brown is about as good at capturing the zeitgeist of our society and finding a way to be the one to dispense it as anyone is or ever has been. It didn't take me more than a day or two of resistance before I bookmarked The Daily Beast, both on the desktop and the Blackberry.

I'd also like to admit my deep and abiding crush on John Cole. There's something about those repentant Republicans with whom I still have many points of disagreement that get me hot. Plus he's a Steeler fan. Mmmmmmmmmmm.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home