Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Where Have I Been?

I know. It's been a while.

I've been busy. Both at work and in life. And blogging just hasn't seemed all that important in the scheme of things. And before anyone asks, yes, I plan to finish my series on real men. Eventually.

But since I've come here on a whim today, I'm just gonna get a few things off my chest (and we can all thank Asrai since she is the one who sent me here):

  • Just when I begin to think that the women's movement wasn't all in vain, Thers at Whiskey Fire shows me that there are still prominent women out there who haven't gotten it, will never get it, and want to get everyone else to buy into their self-loathing. Today's perfect example is Maureen Dowd. And Thers says it perfectly: http://whiskeyfire.typepad.com/whiskey_fire/2007/10/the-chicks-are-.html
  • Speaking of self-loathing, we've got us another "family values" Republican who really must hate himself now: http://www.columbian.com/news/localNews/2007/10/10302007_Police-report-sheds-new-light-on-Curtis-encounter.cfm
  • I'm looking forward to a weekend with no men. In the last 3 weeks, I've had to spend time with Randy who was in town for his niece's wedding. I spent an entire week entertaining him. Immediately after Randy's departure back to Stuart/West Palm, Ron came in from Bradenton for what was supposed to be a long weekend. He decided to stay over a second weekend and finally left Monday. During all of this, new guy John (wow, he actually lives in the same state I do!) had to be put off numerous times with various (and toward the end, mostly unbelievable) excuses. He was sweet and patient, though. I finally got a third date with him Friday night when Ron seemed to sense I needed my space. That should keep him on the line for a while.
  • Speaking of John, I guess I haven't. Another corporate consultant (WTF? Why do all these consultants seem to like me? I barely have a clue as to what they actually do!) who is quite successful and just a bit older than what I had thought was too old (over 55). Currently, he's consulting at a china business in Greensboro, NC during the week and is home on weekends. And another one with a somewhat complicated life. He's very, very funny, though. The kind of funny I really like, too. You know, the dry, ironic kind of funny? I'd made his acquaintance many years ago, but we didn't really know each other then. Now we do. All those roadblocks I used to have up about age, looks, career, etc. seem to be being breached on a daily basis. Pretty soon I'll have none! And then, look out world! Lock up the toddlers and grandfathers! Here I come! LOL!
  • I have finally found someone who can cook mussels that I'm willing to eat. Now, I've always been a huge fan of shellfish. Of just about any kind. Except for mussels. Never liked them. I've tried them numerous times but they always seemed to have such a strong taste and to be tough. But John took me to a great place in Sewickley for wine and a light snack the other night. We ordered off the appetizer menu and got grilled tuna on skewers, yucca chips (still warm and better than pototo chips, for sure), and steamed blue mussels in a cream, white wine, garlic, and chopped tomato sauce. Oh.my.god. Those mussels might be the most delicious things I've ever eaten. Hands down.

3 Comments:

At 3/11/07, Blogger ~Nutz said...

Good to see a new post from you!

 
At 9/11/07, Blogger Puffy said...

"I have finally found someone who can cook mussels that I'm willing to eat."

This can be taken two ways.

 
At 20/11/07, Blogger Asrai said...

Yay for Greensboro, NC...that's where I'm at! He isn't working at a place called Replacements LTD., is he?

I've missed you!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home