Wednesday, January 17, 2007

A Drive By

  • It's not often that this happens, but I've managed to drop a show that used to be a must-see for me. And mainly because it has just gotten so ridiculous I can't bear to watch it another minute. Now you'd think I was talking about some reality TV show like The Apprentice or Survivor or something. But you'd be wrong. I am, in fact, talking about Grey's Anatomy which has become the most idiotic show on TV with the stupidest and most unlikeable characters to ever be broadcast by a major network. I have not only quit watching this show, I am starting a campaign to persuade ABC to make it a daytime soap opera so I will never again have to be subjected to seeing even a glimpse of it. And so maybe they'll fill the airtime with something much, much more worthwhile and valuable to society, like I Love New York.
  • There are some people on OT that I have come to despise so much that I'm considering not ever posting in a thread they start and also to never post a reply or comment to the people they are close to ever again. I know this is petty but it makes me feel better. I'm still not sure how I'll deal with these awful people posting in one of my threads. I'm seriously considering PMing these people and asking them nicely not to post in my threads just so I don't have to avoid my own threads.
  • Oddly enough, none of the OT people I despise are from the right of the political spectrum. I would never have guessed that would happen, but those people can actually take an argument in stride. Unlike some others from the opposite end of the spectrum, of which I consider myself a member. Just kinda weird.
  • I hate both AFC teams badly enough that I'm hoping some natural disaster causes it to be impossible for them to play the championship game and the NFL decides to let the two NFC teams slug it out in the Super Bowl. If held over the lip of an active and erupting volcano and forced to choose an AFC team, I guess I'd have to go for the Choker over the Most Unattractive Man to Inexplicably Get Laid Regularly By Super Models Who Obviously Have No More Self Esteem Than Your Average Crack Whore. I wouldn't fuck Tom Brady with Rosie O'Donnell's pussy.
  • Speaking of fucking, I think Ron would fuck me all the way from Tampa if he could. At least his emails lead me to believe so. Mmmmmmmm.

6 Comments:

At 17/1/07, Blogger Dave Clapper said...

This post would be more fun if you named names. :-P

 
At 18/1/07, Blogger Geggy said...

Ah, but I'm sooooooo discreet, don't you know? LOL!

I'm not naming names, but I think you'd be surprised. I'm just deathly sick of some of the petty cliquishness. Not enough to make be abandon my friends and my fun there, but enough to want to take some sort of stand even if I'm the only one who knows I have.

 
At 18/1/07, Blogger Dave Clapper said...

I doubt I'd be that surprised. Some of the folks who drive you nuts are likely people I like a lot. On the flip-side, some of the people I despise are probably people you like a lot. But for some of the same reasons. Some cliques I can't stand probably don't bother you, and some of the cliques you can't stand probably don't bother me. We just have different buttons to push. :)

 
At 18/1/07, Blogger Debcapsfan said...

I probably wouldn't be surprised at all. :)

 
At 18/1/07, Blogger Nailbone said...

Um, I don't live in Tampa. ;-)

 
At 9/2/07, Blogger Paul said...

The reason I left OT, never to return, was not the political discussions per se. Rather, it was because of the junior-high-esque cliques and the unjustified, unnecessary questioning of my integrity as a mod. I just didn't need either of it, and I'm much happier.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home