Monday, October 10, 2005

Curiouser and Curiouser

Okay, all you men. You know who you are. Please tell me...

is there some kind of tribal drum out there that sends messages among the gender with the Y chromosome? Across thousands of miles?

I have now heard twice in the past week from the man with whom I had the second most serious relationship of my life. That was over 25 years ago. If he had said to me then the things he's saying now, my life might have been quite different. Oh, and he, too, is still single.

I'm kind of torn about what this says about me.

First, I'm shocked that no man with whom I've ever had a serious relationship has ever married (except my high school sweetheart, but I don't really count adolescent relationships as all that serious). I'm a little worried that they have huge flaws I've never noticed. And, yes, I know it's hypocritical to say that. I know that I've never married by choice, so I could be accused of the same flaw. I just think that 3 out of 3 is a little weird.

Second, I'm immensely flattered that they came running back like a flash after all this time. Perhaps I'm much more attractive and desirable than I ever knew.

Yeah, right. They're weirdos.

But it sure is interesting, no?

9 Comments:

At 10/10/05, Blogger BlindSlim~CSTL said...

I dont think there was ever a doubt that you are desireable and attractive. I'd say we men have finely tuned radar that picks up break-up signals across the cosmos but actually, we just think you're hot and will usually call praying you're still single but word also travels very fast.

As much as I think I want to eventually get married, there's a part of me that's not sure about that whole process either. Maybe it's a guy thing.

*smooch*

 
At 10/10/05, Blogger Geggy said...

It's just weird. He lives in Florida for heaven's sake! That's a thousand miles! What.the.hell?

That said, he's certainly built my ego up almost beyond reasonable bounds. Like I said, if he'd been like this back in 1984 or whatever...who knows where I'd be?

 
At 10/10/05, Blogger BlindSlim~CSTL said...

You're giving off some strong pheremones there.I'm still waiting for the photographic evidence of these great legs I keep hearing about *grin*

 
At 10/10/05, Blogger Geggy said...

I'm still waiting for you to come up north and photograph them for me.

 
At 11/10/05, Blogger BlindSlim~CSTL said...

*evil* grin, you know if I come up north, that wont be the only thing I'm trying to photograph. I'm such a bad boy *snicker*

 
At 11/10/05, Blogger jenbeauty said...

Ok hate to breakup the flirt fest...but Geggy you are just weird! *smooch*

No no seriously, I will be having my 20 year class reunion this weekend and the same guy that hit on me at my 10 has been asking if I am still married and if I am coming to the reunion. It may be a part of our former selfs that keeps that fire lit. Plus I think some people, men and women, sometimes get affected/obsessed with a love and can never let go.

Me, I let go. Much easier, much more sane.

 
At 11/10/05, Blogger Geggy said...

Damn! And here I was, thinking I was some sort of goddess that these guys just HAD to have. But it turns out that they're really just emotional wrecks. LOL!

Really, though, I thought I had let these guys go and they had let me go. Turns out I thought wrong, at least from their perspective. And, just possibly, one of them might be able to convince me to jump on his wagon.

Not any time soon, though. I'm trying to be in it for the fun, companionship, and, of course, the worship.

Are you going to the reunion? Is your hubby going? If not, a little worship is a good thing. Take it for what it is and have fun with it.

 
At 11/10/05, Blogger jenbeauty said...

It is a Friday and Sat night thing. Friday night is stag, just us girls. Saturday night I will be taking hubby. Hell yeah I am all about the worship, plus he does not hurt hubby to know that someone is still hot for me!

lol *smooch*

 
At 11/10/05, Blogger BlindSlim~CSTL said...

Well both of you ladies are definitely hot so I'll be more than happy to worship you both. *smooch*

 

Post a Comment

<< Home