Thursday, September 29, 2005

Crack

I was watching "Sex in the City" last night. It was the episode where Carrie falls into bed with Big while Aidan is out of town delivering furniture. Great insight into the chemistry of relationships and how the laws of attraction can be so confusing.

Of course, I had seen this episode before. But the parameters of my life were different then. The last time I watched it, I felt that I understood and sympathized with Carrie intellectually, but thought I'd never find myself in her position. I had my man, who I loved, and I didn't really need anything or anyone else. Not my problem.

Well, things have changed. I watched with new eyes last night.

Aidan...well, he's fantastic. Sigh! He's a little shaggy, but fantastically good-looking. He's a carpenter and good with his hands. He and Carrie have great sex and are playful and affectionate with each other. He's soulful and truly wants to care for her. She feels secure in his affection and attraction.

It dawned on me that Mo is my Aidan. He wears his hair a little long, but he is very handsome and has the most beautiful eyes I've ever seen on a man. When he gives me that sleepy kind of look, I'm a puddle. He has an outdoorsy, physical career as the head groundskeeper for an exclusive golf course and country club. He's fun in bed and can spend hours with me there, loving, laughing, and talking. He likes to touch me and he's gentle, which is very sexy in a man who is 6'2". I know that he wants me. He's wanted me for 20 years. When my relationship with X died, it's almost as if there was some sort of wire connecting us and the current let him know I was ready.

I'm secure and warm with Mo.

Big is a different animal altogether. Tall, dark, handsome, and sophisticated. Well-educated and professional. When Carrie and Big are in bed, it's intense, sweaty, and overwhelming. He's hard to pin down, but cannot resist his desire for her despite every effort. She is completely helpless to resist him. Nothing about this relationship is secure, except for the fact that they have memorable, addicting, and wild sex.

TR is my Big. He, too, is tall (6'4") and darkly handsome. He likes wine, art, and beautifully cut suits. He's a grad of my employer and the project manager for a large automatic door company. When he looks at me, it's almost like he's a bird of prey and I'm the prey. Sex with him, whether on the phone, by text message, or in person, is titanic. It's dark, dangerous, and elaborate. It feels forbidden, hypnotic, and just a little bit dirty. The things he says and does to me keep me electrified for days. He's too young for me, I'm too old for him, and the distance between us isn't all geographic. We have to keep our fascination with one another a secret from almost everyone because of all of the complications it presents. I can't get him out of my mind and I can't stop the effect he has on me. I'm addicted to how he makes me feel.

If Carrie is an addict for Big, then so am I for TR.

TR is my crack.

14 Comments:

At 29/9/05, Blogger BlindSlim~CSTL said...

*giggle* love the analogy. I had the first three seasons of Sex on DVD and somehow they've walked away but I love that show.

Tara is my Aidan(now that sounds weird). Now I have to think I have Crack somewhere.

 
At 29/9/05, Blogger Glowie said...

bah. I had this big long comment typed out and I deleted it. *grin* I got into a big story about me and nobody needs to hear it.

I loved that show and that storyline was my absolute favorite. I bawled my eyes out when Aidan came to talk to her at Charlotte's wedding.

*smooch* for my Geggy

 
At 29/9/05, Blogger BlindSlim~CSTL said...

Wait a minute...you had a story all typed out about you. I want to hear it..hehe. I demand that you post it on your blog, or are you going to make me republish mine to find out..*giggle*

 
At 29/9/05, Blogger Syren said...

I always hated that she choose to be with Big over Aiden.

 
At 30/9/05, Blogger Geggy said...

She's an addict, syren. There's no rational thought going on. I'd probably do the same thing. And regret it later on. I'm not so sure I'm any wiser about these things as I get older.

 
At 30/9/05, Blogger Glowie said...

It's not something I want to post on that blog, Steve. heh. Umm. Basically there's this guy...

You realize that it's all wrong for you so you suffer through detox. When that addiction is nowhere around you and nobody talks about it, you're fine. But as soon as somebody speaks of it or you see it, all that pain comes back again. And it hurts something fierce. So you have to decide to either live with the addiction knowing that it's bad for you or you go through the horrific pain of detox and keeping it shut out. Either decision will eventually kill you. The easiest choice is to let your addiction win and kill yourself faster. Some of us choose slow painful death.

... my heart breaks at the mere mention of his name.

 
At 30/9/05, Blogger jenbeauty said...

I loved that episode and watched it too. Geggy I am living vicariously through you at the moment!! Man the hot sex you are getting...whew LOL!

And Glowbutt...{{HUGS}}I had one of those in college. Took a lot to get over.

 
At 30/9/05, Blogger BlindSlim~CSTL said...

Wow Glowpoke, I dont even know what to say. With my general life I'm an open book, with my emotions I'm Ft. Knox. I dont even know how to open up emotionally but I do feel for you and I hope you dont have to hear his name again. I hate to see people in pain.

*poke*

 
At 30/9/05, Blogger Glowie said...

*smooch* Thanks, Jen. You're sweet. Steve, Shawn shoots on a pool league and my drug's dad is one of his partners. So I hear his name every week. heh. Last week and last night were particularly torturous. (My dad is friends with the whole family. Drug was apparently in a bad car accident.) I guess that's why I jacked Geggy's blog. *sigh* *smooch*

Sorry, Geggy! heh. *ice cream smooch*

 
At 30/9/05, Blogger Geggy said...

No problem, Glowie. So you have your crack, too, huh?

I think every woman (or man, for that matter) has their crack at some point or other. I'm enjoying the high now. I know I'll have to come down sooner or later. Maybe Mo can be my rehab! LOL!

 
At 30/9/05, Blogger BlindSlim~CSTL said...

Someone once told me that no one ever gets their Aiden. If so, that kinda sucks. Then again maybe Carrie didnt deserve Aiden. Who knows?

 
At 30/9/05, Blogger Geggy said...

I thought I had an Aidan once. Turned out I was wrong. Horribly wrong. Just took me 18 years to figure that out.

 
At 30/9/05, Blogger BlindSlim~CSTL said...

can you delete my last comment, it was taken the wrong way. I dont deserve and aiden or crack. It just didn't come out right.

 
At 7/10/05, Blogger Schnookie said...

Wow, is it hot in here? *grin*
You go girl! If I found a man that could laugh and talk in bed, I'd hang on to him.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home