Thursday, September 22, 2005

The Disadvantages of Being Female

I have been making my new nest. It's very small, but I like it a lot. I've very much enjoyed rearranging my old stuff in my new place. I've really enjoyed picking and ordering new furniture. I like my new stuff much better than what I left behind. Just one problem...

I ordered the new stuff online. My new TV/entertainment center has arrived. All good. Except it's too large and heavy for me to carry up the two flights of stairs to my new place. No way am I asking the X. A conundrum.

I don't mind assembling said new furniture. I'm a pretty handy girl. I've done wiring, laid ceramic tile, refinished hardwood floors, put up and finished drywall...I can do it all. Except, apparently, one thing. I cannot put this stupid furniture together with pure muscle power. It just dawned on me last evening that I no longer own a cordless drill. Which means I no longer own a cordless screwdriver. It's pretty hard to screw this stuff together using only my puny arms. Another conundrum.

At least I have finally found a good reason to have a man around.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home