Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Ghosts

I'm being haunted. By my past. What the fuck?

Just when I think I'm out of the woods. Moving on. Getting a life.

My past, my not-so-good-for-me past, comes back to haunt me.

First, Tom not only shows up at the bar twice in one weekend but somehow gets my new cell phone number (which I originally changed so he wouldn't have it). And calls. And wants to "talk" about things. I told him the only thing I want to talk about is when he's going to give me all my stuff back.

Second, I get two phone calls from Mr. Big (TR) last night. Two. First one I didn't think much of as I had texted him on Sunday about how our teams both suck. Even though he has continued to be angry with me over whatever lie Tom told him about me (apparently and according to Tom, I used TR to get back at him and was bragging about it. Whatever.) I have persistently kept in touch because I value his friendship over all the crap. In that first call, we laughed over our bad football seasons and had the first comfortable conversation we've had together for months. My persistence in pursuing our friendship seemed to have paid off and, now that he'd had a girlfriend for several months, all seemed to be forgiven and/or forgotten. And then he called the second time. This time it was a more serious discussion of how we had gotten into this mess. We still don't agree on the causes, but agreed to just move on. And, at that point, it became more than obvious to me why he really called. I don't know what is happening with the girlfriend, but it's pretty obvious that he considers himself back in the market. Too many hints about a trip to Philly and reminders of our great real and, more to the current point, phone sex compatibility to ignore.

I played stupid. I have other irons in the fire. I hope.

4 Comments:

At 24/10/06, Blogger BlindSlim~CSTL said...

Tell Tom to Fuck Off and tell Mr. Big that the mess is what it is or was. You value his friendship and if something more happens so be it, but you're not expecting or looking so neither should he be. Dont let him try to make it all your fault and ask you to fix it now that he'll be single again.

And for that other special guy, we're waiting for an update. *grin*

 
At 25/10/06, Blogger Glowie said...

dittoing Steve. :-)

*waiting*

 
At 25/10/06, Blogger Puffy said...

CSTL is smart.

 
At 27/10/06, Blogger ~Nutz said...

Agree with Steve!

...and waits with the other peeps for news. *grin*

 

Post a Comment

<< Home