Monday, March 16, 2009

Before I Was So Trollishly Interrupted

I thought I'd make a list of things that are very, very good in my life.

  • John. Just...John.
  • After 15 years of hosting and 0 wins, Penn State Beaver has finally won the Beaver County Corporate Spelling Bee. YAY! And, I will modestly point out, I was the team captain and top speller among our team. Congrats to Renata and June, too.
  • Our men's basketball team ended their season by winning the PSUAC and finishing second in the nation in the USUAC. Our women's team also won the PSUAC and finished fourth nationally.
  • I have fallen in love with Henry. Now, don't get excited. Henry is one of John's three dogs. And I really am fond of the other two, Otis and Cane. But Henry is my special boy.
  • I have my new living room furniture. It really changes the entire atmosphere and I can't even articulate how happy I am that the old stuff is gone. The old couch and chair were definite artifacts of the early 90s obsession with southwestern motifs and the color combination of burgundy and hunter green. The new stuff is a kind of classic chocolate brown leather with super modern clean lines. I got some cool color block rugs and that was all I needed to totally update the look. Love it.
  • I have made a down payment on my new car. Well, not a new new car. Just a new car for me. Brother-in-law Sam got it at an auction for less than $1500. It needs a new front bumper, new hood, new water pump, and new air conditioning condenser due to it having survived a headon crash. But otherwise, it's perfect. It's a 2005 Intrepid with 60,000 miles. He is charging me $3500 for it. My last two cars I bought from dealers, one brand new and the other used. Buying new is never going to happen again because I think it's such a ripoff. And the used one from a dealer is not nearly as nice as the one Sam got me and it cost about $4000 more. I can pay cash as Sam buys parts and he is going to work it out so that when we exchange the title, he's going to call it a "gift." No sales taxes that way!!!!!
  • March Madness has taken over the 'Burgh. We have three local teams in the Big Dance: West Virginia, Robert Morris, and, of course, the number one seed in the East, Pitt. Both Duquesne and Penn State will be playing the NIT. I love this time of year. Just love it.
  • Have I mentioned how happy John makes me?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home